BBnB - New Index File - And - BBnB is on Vacation until September

  • ghanabhutii
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2008

      BBnB 157 (6.21)
      for August 1, 2008
      New Index File AND
      BBnB is on Vacation

      * * * * *

      Namo Buddhaya Namo Dharmaya Namo Sanghaya

      BBnB Friday Night Buddhist Discussion

      Is on Vacation

      The NEW Index File will keep you busy until Next Semester

      * * * * *

      Click--> Index File to over 600 Buddhist Topics at BBnB <--Click - and then look down the list for 'Index A.'

      Click
      --> BBnB Homepage, Website and Discussion Board
      <--Click

      Click
      The Buddhism Basics and Beyond Discussion Room <--Click this Room Link
                      (This is a Clickable Link to Our Chat Room.)

      NOTE

      Due to AOL's oddities, there are two links for the BBnB room that are NOT the same. IM me or another room member to make sure we are both using the same link.

      * * * * *

      Hi Folks,

             Instead of posting a final subject for this series, I thought you would be better served with an updated Index File to keep you company during our summer break.

             The Updated index swells the number of topics covered from 500 to about 625. This archive is available at the Files

      link on every page of BBnB's website. You can also use this link as well:

      BuddhismBasicsAndBeyond: Files

             Yahoo will prompt you to register if you are not already a member. It's easy and Free to register. Yahoo does a good job.

             If you have problems getting into the Files section let me know and I'll get an alternate version to you. Contact me at RimeBuddha@....

             I very much suggest that you review the topics dealing with Bodhicitta, Anger and Emptiness. You can find all the materials in the Index or in the Search Feature available on every message page of the website.

             Next Semester, we will start an exciting new phase at BBnB. We will alternate chapters from some of the famous texts with our usual review of basic and advanced topics. We will start with Shantideva and work our way verse by verse through his classic 'The Way of Life of a Bodhisattva.' We will also use this text as a guide to review many of the topics we've covered in the past.

             One goal of this new phase is to provide guidance on HOW to Practice Bodhicitta in terms of the Six Perfections and, later on, how to practice in terms of Lojong.

             The work you good people have done in working through the many studies we have undertaken has made this group ready to take on these subjects. I thank each and every one who has participated in any way.

             A year from now, I hope we can look back and have the feeling that, yes, we have understood what Bodhicitta 'feels like,' and how Wisdom-Emptiness is completely bound with Bodhicitta. Meditation in ever-increasing depth will also be part of our studies - so - practice the One Breath, Mantra Meditation with Om Mani Peme Hum, the Guided meditations with Chenrezig and meditation on Dependent Origination. By the time September gets here, you can arrive at a goal of a certain mastery of these topics based on the work we have done this past year.

             Also, the room is always there for casual gatherings during the summer. A group of you can also choose an archived topic from the index file and meet to discuss it. I might stop in from time to time.

      One topic you might consider is 'What is Self-Clinging.' We'll cover this early in the Fall.

             Until then, I wish you the best of Summer and the best of Sadhana - and leave you with a short three verses to contemplate fully over the next few weeks.

      The Favorite Prayer of
      His Holiness the Dalai Lama

      With the wish to free all beings
      I will always go for refuge
      To the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha
      Until the attainment of full Enlightenment

      Enthused by Compassion and Wisdom
      Today in the Buddha's presence
      I generate the Mind of Enlightenment
      For the benefit of all sentient beings

      For as long as space endures
      And as long as sentient beings remain
      Until then may I too abide
      To dispel the miseries of the world

      -Shantideva

      Namaste and Shanti,

      GhanaBhuti

      * * * * *

      All Original Material Copyright,

      © 2008 GhanaBhuti, GhanaBhuti@...

      * * * * *

      We Dedicate any Merit this Group and
      These Discussions Accumulate to the Benefit
      Of all Beings and thus to Highest Enlightenment

      * * * * *

      If you do not wish to receive these mailings,
      simply reply to this email and change the subject to 'Remove.'
      I have no desire to darken anyone's email without their permission. - gb

      \