Re: [BuddhismBasicsAndBeyond] Fwd: Beliefnet: So Long-Suffering!

  • Jonnsteinbeck@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 30, 2007
      In a message dated 11/30/2007 9:28:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, UlrikitaMetz@... writes:
      Non-attachment is definitely an ideal that we should strive to reach, but for people who lead ordinary lives and are not monks or nuns it just doesn't work. I have to get attached to my children and relatives, pets even
      Kita ,
                  Interesting ,,," does not work "        Perhaps you don't understand what non attachment is ....  It does not mean that you cannot love  dearly ... be with   live with ....See, hold, touch.   make love to   ..
                         When you attach  Two things happen ...you lose yourself , secondly and more important ,,, knowing that all is impermanent  If that person  beast or things passes for before you ,,,,you will suffer ,,and before that cause them to suffer not wanting to leave you ,, and causing a hard death for them in some cases ,,,  After that a long sad life for you ,. attachment as YY said is selfish   ,,,
                       It does not mean you will not feel sorrow pain when one is lost ,,, But not becoming attached will ease that burden.   . You do not have to be a nun or monk  to understand this ,,,,
                    and i do agree most all can be argued
                         Jonn

    • xixthlegion@aol.com
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 3, 2007