Re: [BuddhismBasicsAndBeyond] Re: Lyrics (or poetry) corner

  • W Snyder
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
      For what it is worth, here is my contribution...
      charlie

      Massive Blur

      why does it keep coming up? you ask
      i want it to go away
      it keeps coming between us
      and i am tired of turning away
      but i'm so angry, so angry
      i am so damned scared
      don't leave me here just hold me
      talk about anything i don't care
      talk of tangents talk of tangents anyway you like
      cuz i'm just not gonna get through this baby
      it's not gonna happen tonight
      cuz it is all in the timing
      and the placement of words
      you know i can chase it, i can beat it, i know it's absurd
      i just can't face it, can't face it cuz all that i see is a massive blur.

      so it's these women, well they keep coming into my life
      and they got the same damn story, and they're linin' in mass strife
      but you see they're from a different town
      or they got a different last name
      but we got the same lonely friends and the same last name
      cuz it is all in the timing
      and the placement of words
      you know i can chase it, i can beat it, i know it's absurd
      i just can't face it, can't face it cuz all that i see is a massive blur.
      all that we see...oh all that we see...is a massive blur.

      so why does it coming up? you ask

      --
      "perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be complete, not lacking in anything"
    • YinYangYam@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
        In a message dated 10/31/2007 10:57:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 77jbryant77@... writes:

        Flowers Never Bend with the Rainfall
        That's one of my favorite Simon and Garfunkel songs.

        Yinnie

      • UlrikitaMetz@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007
          In a message dated 11/2/2007 5:38:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Jamie0119@... writes:

          Massive Blur

          why does it keep coming up? you ask
          i want it to go away
          it keeps coming between us
          and i am tired of turning away
          but i'm so angry, so angry
          i am so damned scared
          don't leave me here just hold me ....
          NOW  I'm depressed...

          Kita

        • Melinda
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007

            To Be With You

            My heart reaches out
            Across the miles,
            the
            distance between us,
            An
            d touches your love.
            Dancing whirl-win
            d circles,
            Caught in the currents
            of tangible emotion,
            I stop for a moment
            An
            d revel in the warmth.
            I hol
            d you in my mind,
            my heart,
            my
            dreams.
            Where sha
            dows fly and fall,
            Where magic an
            d reality
            dwell side by side,
            We are always together.
            That sacre
            d space we share
            Awaits in anticipation
            Until with a smile an
            d a kiss
            We touch each other again
            an
            d find Truth.

            Captured

            Was it his eyes that captured me so?
            Warm an
            d dark,
            Liqui
            d caverns reflecting mysteries untold.
            Magical ten
            drils reaching out to pull me in,
            Hol
            ding me with invisible bonds,
            Luring me to swim in
            deep pools of passion,
            to bathe in gol
            den rays.

            Was it his hands that captured me so?
            Strong an
            d capable,
            Gentle messengers of electric pulses,
            Casca
            ding through my body and soul.
            One touch that, for a moment,
            Ma
            de the world seem far away
            an
            d my heart stand still.

            Was it his hair that captured me so?
            Long,
            dark strands
            To wrap promises an
            d kisses in,
            Entangling me forever spell-boun
            d.
            Moonlight
            dancing, starlight dusted,
            Drawing me to weave those raven locks
            about my fingers.

            Was it his soul that captured me so?
            Strength an
            d beauty,
            My pirate, gypsy, lover, frien
            d,
            Calling to my heart with soun
            dless words.
            Depths unexplore
            d hold me ever-fascinated.
            He breathes a tune that only I know by heart
            an
            d have sung so long.

            (As for who to credit these to... they are my writings. I hope you enjoyed! J )

            Blessings,

            Melinda

          • Melinda
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007

              Bomb

              With a Bible in one hand and a bomb in the other,
              You con
              demn me to Hell, yet call me your brother.
              This ma
              dness inside you - it shows in your eyes.
              What
              do you hope to gain with your lies?
              Tormente
              d and twisted, you stood at the cross
              Still over an
              d over denying a loss.
              "I've gaine
              d it in spades!" you yelled to the sky.
              Now who will believe in an
              d trust you? Not I.
              I turn an
              d I leave you, then, hearing your rage,
              I sa
              dly acknowledge you're locked in a cage.
              A cage you have ma
              de from the lies that you spin.
              Seems no one can reach through the
              darkness within.
              Once I'
              d have tried to unlock that cold door,
              But too much has happene
              d and I'll try no more.
              An
              d if I must hide from your hatred and wrath,
              So be it
              done. This is hate's aftermath.

              Misled

              We laughed, we sang, we talked for hours;
              We walke
              d awhile among the flowers.
              I turne
              d for a minute, and while away,
              You stabbe
              d your sword. I tried to say
              That you were wrong, forgiveness shall be
              Upon you; justice an
              d mercy.
              An
              d while I hoped for a solution,
              You
              damned me with your retribution.
              Outstretche
              d hands, pleading heart –
              Un
              derstand me! Make a start!
              But you turne
              d back to your altar,
              So self-assure
              d you’d never falter.
              I ha
              d to turn away again....

              So assured of your salvation,
              Merely mental masturbation.
              You throw the knife at those
              Who rebel; your lack of courage shows!
              You pray for protection from my sacre
              d vows,
              But will your
              deity help you now?
              I cannot laugh, I cannot cry...
              Your pseu
              do-friendship passed me by
              An
              d in it's place, a cold, cruel wall.
              Don't try too break it - it won't fall.
              Stea
              dfast you stand by these;
              Praying for my salvation on your knees.
              Does your go
              d listen? Do your prayers go
              To the holy one you a
              dore so?
              Hippocrit! Blasphemer! Liars all....

              (Again, these are my own original works... hope you’ve enjoyed!)

              Blessings,

              Melinda

            • W Snyder