Welcome to Buddhism Basics And Beyond

  • GhanaBhuti@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2005

      Namo Buddhaya
      Namo Dharmaya
      Namo Sanghaya

      I go for refuge to the Buddha
      I go for refuge to the Dharma
      I go for refuge to the Sangha

      Until Enlightened,
      I take refuge in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha
      Through the Merit and Wisdom I create by
      Practicing Generosity and the other Perfections,
      May I become a Buddha
      For the benefit of all sentient beings

      * * * * *

      Hi Folks,

             Welcome to the Posting Board for the AOL and Wider Community's Friday Buddhist Discussion of

      The Basics of Buddhism
      Beyond the Basics and
      Topics from all the Traditions

      This Board will post the Information-filled Notices (Emails) that are sent to members prior to our discussions. We will also post a number of:

             *Chat Logs
             *Special Topics
             *Announcements
             *Posts on How to Learn Buddhism
             *Interfaith Work and Opportunities for Buddhism
             *Our Kinship with Other Religions and Philosophies
             *The Common Traps that Halt our Spiritual Progress

      and

      Anything that Reflects the Lotus of the Pure Intent of Kindness.

      The next post in this Form is the Notice that Announced the New Series. Following that, we'll post the First Post, an Overview of Buddhism.

      NOTE

      If you want to find a topic, check our Index Post. This post will be updated on a regular basis and all the earlier versions will be deleted.

      So - enjoy the forum, feel free to post your own thoughts, feelings, suggestions and topics for discussion.

      May your journey be gentle.

      Namaste and Shanti,

      GhanaBhuti

      \