Pain and Growth

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2003
      "In my own experience, the period of greatest gain in knowledge and
      experience is the most difficult period in one's life. ...Through a
      difficult period, you can learn, you can develop inner strength,
      determination, and courage to face the problem. Who gives you this
      chance? Your enemy."

      -His Holiness the Dalai Lama
      From "The Pocket Dalai Lama," edited by Mary Craig, 2002.

      Featured on Beliefnet.com's daily Buddhist messages in 2003.