Think Before You Speak by Ven Maha Ghosananda

    Message 1 of 8 , May 19 1:53 AM
      "The thought manifests as the word.
      The word manifests as the deed.
      The deed develops into the habit.
      The habit hardens into the character.
      The character gives birth to the destiny.
      So, watch your thoughts with care
      And let them spring from love
      Born out of respect for all beings."
      http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3261
      From: Step by Step by Ven Maha Ghosananda

      With metta / Antony.
    • t.sastri
      Message 2 of 8 , May 19 6:14 AM
        Hi Antony, -

        The word manifests as the deed !? Not true in most cases I have seen and known.
        Empty promises, lies and most conversations among ordinary worldlings do not manifest as deed or action.
        Most people cannot separate dreams and desires from reality.

        Tep

        Message 3 of 8 , May 20 3:40 AM
          Hi Tep,

          I had the idea that speech affects the breathing which is a bodily action.

          With metta / Antony.

          To: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 8 , May 20 5:35 AM

            Hi Antony -

            I'm not clear about the relevance of your reply: "speech affects the breathing ". How does it explain or confirm Maha Ghosananda's "word manifests as the deed" ?

            Tep

            Message 5 of 8 , May 21 3:15 AM
              Hi Tep,

              Speech = words
              Breathing = deeds

              With metta / Antony.

              To: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
              From: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 05:35:49 -0700

              Posted by: tepsastri@...

              To: buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
              From: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 20:40:44 +1000

              To: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
              From: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 06:14:51 -0700

              Posted by: Antony Woods <antony272b@...>
              Message 6 of 8 , May 21 9:14 AM
                Hi Tep,

                Let's continue this discussion on your SariputtaDhamma group.

                With metta / Antony.

                To: buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
                From: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 20:15:42 +1000

                Hi Tep,

                Speech = words
                Breathing = deeds

                With metta / Antony.

                To: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com

                From: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 20:40:44 +1000

                To: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 8 , May 21 11:12 AM
                  But there isn't much to discuss, Antony.

                  Tep
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 21 4:53 PM
                    Hi Tep,

                    I started this thread on your SariputtaDhamma group:

                    Bodily fabrications (kaya-sankhara) simply in-&-out breathing? (MN44)