Traleg Kyabgon Rinpoche on love, self-hatred and joy

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2014

      "People who hate themselves can never love someone else. Self-hatred is a destructive fixation and one of the root causes of our emotional problems. Friendliness toward ourselves is therefore especially beneficial and transformative.

      "Joy is a feeling of upliftedness that we should generate slowly in meditation. It has to become a part of our disposition, so that we are predisposed to feeling like a relatively cheerful person and are not given to bouts of depression or self-loathing."

      Traleg Kyabgon Rinpoche

      May this be of benefit.

    • yawares1
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2014

        "Joy is a feeling of upliftedness that we should generate slowly in meditation. It has to become a part of our disposition, so that we are predisposed to feeling like a relatively cheerful person and are not given to bouts of depression or self-loathing."

        ---------------------

        Dear shar_63,

        I truly love this QUOTE.

        1. Photo

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2014
          "We don’t have to regard meditating as a somber activity; we can think of it as sitting there and being cheerful."

          http://web.archive.org/web/20070814052124/http://www.mipham.com/talk.php?id=18

          From: The Sun of Cheerfulness - A Talk by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche

          With metta / Antony.
        • yawares1
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2014

            Dear Antony,

            "We don’t have to regard meditating as a somber activity; we can think of it as sitting there and being cheerful."

            Love your quote!!

              • Yawares Sastri's photo.
              LOVE YOUR QUOTE !!!