Re: Walking with bodhicitta [the heart of great compassion]

  • philofillet
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2003
      Hello everyone. I hope you're keeping nice and cool wherever you
      are. It's awfully hot here. I read somewhere that in the hot days we
      should think of Buddha's cool and calming mind. (and his warm
      embracing mind on the cold days.)
      Re walking with bodhicitta, I have been going for a 20 or 30 minute
      walk in a park on the way to the station to go to work more days than
      not recently. I follow Sharon Salzberg's advice to be in metta
      towards myself as I walk, and then with other sentient beings
      whenever I become aware of them. Rather than making an effort to look
      for them, waiting until I become aware of them. Of course, practicing
      this means that I become aware of them more and more as the days go
      by.
      Walking's great. I probably do more walking meditation than sitting
      meditation. And the fresh air and endoprhins from the exercise help
      to light up the buddha mind right through the day.
      Yours in metta,
      Philip