Thanissaro Bhikkhu quote on happiness from harmlessness

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2013
      "...it's good to remind yourself that you do wish happiness for other beings, other people, because your happiness depends on at the very least you're not causing them any harm."
      http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/buddhaviharas/conversations/messages/4195
      From: Goodwill All Around by Thanissaro Bhikkhu (long post)
      For Free Distribution, as a gift of Dhamma, from Access to Insight and Thanissaro Bhikkhu

      With metta / Antony.
    • anattaman
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2013

        We have read in the news about people whose happiness at the very least depends on the harm they are causing others. It's good to remind ourself that we do not wish other people any harm, even when they are bad to us.

        Be well,

        Tep.

        From: Goodwill All Around by Thanissaro Bhikkhu (long post)
        For Free Distribution, as a gift of Dhamma, from Access to Insight and Thanissaro Bhikkhu

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2013

          "The same with anger: Try to find the part of the mind that's enjoying the anger. See what kind of happiness it gets from indulging in the anger. See how piddling and miserable that happiness is. That way you strengthen the part of the mind that really doesn't want to play along."

          http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/meditations.html#interactive

          From: Goodwill All Around by Thanissaro Bhikkhu (long post)
          For Free Distribution, as a gift of Dhamma, from Access to Insight and Thanissaro Bhikkhu