Ajaan Lee Dhammadharo on wise thinking

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2013
      "Abyapada-sankappo (thoughts of non-anger):
      We don't have to think about our own bad points or the bad points of others.
      Avihinsa-sankappo (thoughts of not doing harm),
      not creating trouble or doing harm to ourselves,
      i.e., (1) not thinking about our own shortcomings, which would depress us;
      (2) if we think about our own shortcomings, it'll spread like wildfire to the shortcomings of others. For this reason, wise people lift their thoughts to the level of goodness so that they can feel love and good will for themselves, and so that they can then feel love and good will for others as well."
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai/lee/strength.html
      From: Inner Strength: Sixteen Talks
      by Ajaan Lee Dhammadharo (Phra Suddhidhammaransi Gambhiramedhacariya)
      translated from the Thai by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
      For Free Distribution, as a gift of Dhamma, from Access to Insight and Thanissaro Bhikkhu