Wikipedia is awesome except for Buddhism articles

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27 6:09 PM
      I've been having trouble fathoming how my metta practice has a negligible effect on the mass of humanity. When I saw the 2009 Hudson River plane ditching on TV I assumed that my practice situation was about the passengers and crew plus me watching the TV. The other day I read the Wikipedia article and it brought tears to my eyes. A mass of humanity on the river were moved to rescue the passengers. They even sent helicopters!
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549#Rescue

      I also looked up the Spanish train crash article. It wasn't considered a incident separate from the global list of 2013 train disasters including one in Egypt. I hadn't heard of the Connecticut accident before. I also noticed that within 24 hours of the accident the article had been translated into more than a dozen languages including Bahasa Indonesia!
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_de_Compostela_derailment

      The Buddhism articles aren't very good though. One article says that Buddhism is Presentism, whereas the Buddha taught contemplating impermanence in forms and feelings past, present and future. Another article says that Buddhism is non-dualism, whereas the Buddha repeated over and over again the eye as different from the ear. I found the complex diagrams of the eye and ear very helpful:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye
      https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear

      The metta article is OK except that it doesn't have an External Link to Buddhaviharas!

      With metta / Antony.

      This post is recorded in mp3 audio in our files section: