Shifting the focus regarding the difficult person

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2013
      When I discover that someone I know has been aggressive, equanimity shouldn't mean contentment in the faith that they will suffer from their unskillful kamma without me having to be the agent of revenge.

      Rather faith that such actions result in dukkha helps me not to envy them wishing I was enjoying the status and material advantage from exercising the power to intimidate. This shifts the focus away from their future state of "existence" which is based on assumptions of existence and non-existence in the world, and instead contemplating the Buddhist values that I have been taught regarding integrity and humility that are the path leading to the end of suffering and stress.

      With metta / Antony.

      This post is recorded in mp3 audio in our files section: