Ven. Chodron on hindrances - anger

  • sharon werner
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2013
      "I think part of working on our anger is just taking ownership of our
      anger. That's already a big thing because we don't like to say, 'My
      anger is mine.' We like to say that others make us angry, 'My anger is
      not mine; you made me angry. It's your fault that I'm angry. It's not
      my responsibility.' We see this attitude clearly when somebody
      criticizes us, as if anger is a virus; it comes out of their mouth,
      hits us, and we get the flu of anger."

      ~ Ven. Thubten Chodron, excerpted from dharma talk "Bear the
      Unbearable: the Bodhisattva Practice of Patience," by Ven. Thubten
      Chodron, The Buddhist Library, Singapore, 25 Apr 2006.