Tara Brach on compassion

  • sharon werner
    Message 1 of 14 , May 12, 2013
      "Just as a bright sun causes ice cubes to melt, in the moments when
      we feel connected and kind, we create a warm environment that
      encourages others around us to relax and open up. Each time we widen
      the circle of caring - with a smile, a hug, a listening presence, a
      prayer - the ripples flow out endlessly. When we offer comfort to the
      person sitting by our side, our kindness spreads through the world.
      Whether offered inwardly or to others, the bodhisattva's compassion
      is a gentle rain that touches, without bias, all of life."

      ~ Tara Brach, Ph.D., "Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With
      the Heart of a Buddha," Bantam Dell, June 2003

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 7, 2014
        ". . . as we feel suffering and relate to it with care rather than resistance, we awaken the heart of compassion."

        ~ Tara Brach, Ph.D., "Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha," Bantam Books, 2003.