Rahula-theragatha

  • Yawares Sastri
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013
      Dear Members,

      This lovely Tuesday morning, I proudly present "Rahula-theragatha" that I love very much... to you all.

      ************

      Thag 4.8. Rahula-theragatha (uttered by Venerable Rahula)
      [Presented by Dr.Han Tun @ SD/JTN]

      "In both ways consummate, I'm known as Rahula the Fortunate:
      Because I'm the son of the Buddha, because I've the eye that sees Dhammas."

      "Because my fermentations are ended, because I've no further becoming.
      I'm deserving of offerings, a worthy one a three-knowledge man, with
      sight of the Deathless."

      "Those blinded by sensuality covered by the net, veiled by the veil of craving,
      bound by the Kinsman of the heedless, are like fish in the mouth of a trap."

      "Throwing that sensuality aside, cutting through Mara's bond,
      pulling out craving, root and all, cooled am I, Unbound."

      yawares