If you really want to be selfish, be altruistic! (HH Dalai Lama)

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10 3:24 AM
      "...we all want friends. I often joke that if you really want to be selfish, you should be very altruistic! You should take good care of others, be concerned for their welfare, help them, serve them, make more friends, make more smiles. The result? When you yourself need help, you find plenty of helpers! If, on the other hand, you neglect the happiness of others, in the long term you will be the loser. And is friendship produced through quarrels and anger, jealousy and intense competitiveness? I do not think so. Only affection brings us genuine close friends."
      http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/hhdl/teachings/713-compassion-and-the-individual.html
      From: Compassion and the Individual
      by H.H. the Fourteenth Dalai Lama