Thich Nhat Hanh as metta - our children's most important gift from us

  • sharon werner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2013
      "We have destroyed so many moments of our lives. We have destroyed so
      many days, so many months, so many years of our lives. We spent them
      in suffering, in anguish, in anger, and that is a waste. We have to
      cherish all moments that are left for us to live. We have to live
      peacefully, happily, and that is our greatest gift for the world, for
      the next generation. Our children need our happiness. They don't need
      our money. They need our happiness, because if we know how to live
      happily with each other, the children will learn it from us, and that
      is the greatest heritage we can hand down to our children. Many young
      people have told me that the greatest gift that parents can give to
      their children is their own happiness. You have to listen to them.
      They need it badly."

      Dharma Talk given by Thich Nhat Hanh on July 16, 1996 in Plum
      Village, France." Returning to Our True Home"