Expanding My Sense of the World Independent of Guilt

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2013
      In order to expand my sense of the world I'm making a long list of people who don't seek out my company and using the equanimity phrase "let them be." This brings them alive in my imagination independent of any sense of guilt because their rejection was "getting me clear" before I had the chance to do anything harmful to them to feel guilty about. The remaining guilt that I do have is seen as specific to particular beings rather than pervading my whole world.

      This then leads into metta, the faith that my act of equanimity "let them be" has blessed them, wherever they may be.

      with metta / Antony.

      This post is recorded in mp3 audio in our files section:
    • Tep Sastri
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2013
        Dear Antony, -

        For your information only.

        The past sixty years taught me one thing about making a friendship that lasts long :
        the majority of people don't seek my friendship, I have to reach out to them first.
        Then I have to make effort to make good friendship last by giving it nutriments:
        1. giving (dana), 2. speaking sweet and kind words (piyavacana), 3. helping and doing good things (atthacariyaa) for them, and 4. treat them equally (samanatta) the way I'd like them to treat me.

        Just a thought.
        Tep
        ===