Re: Meditation on Friendliness by Kamalashila (short extract)

  • sharon werner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11 6:25 AM
      "But when the basic feeling is painful or neutral, you need to
      avoid, as far as possible, reacting with emotions like indifference, ill will,frustration, or self pity, because these can all become obstacles to metta."

      This is a great point. I've noticed how easy it is to slide from neutrality to indifference or frustration. It's actually easy to go a little numb if one isn't mindful. Thanks, Antony, I'll be pondering this point all week. ;)