Ajahn Brahm on metta - coming from the heart

  • sharon werner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2013
      "When you come from the heart, you can feel for yourself, you can be
      at peace with yourself, you can be caring to yourself. When I come
      from the heart, I can appreciate other peoples' hearts as well. That
      is how we can love our enemies, when we appreciate their hearts,
      seeing something there to love, to respect."

      ~ Ajahn Brahmavamso, "On Making a Mistake"
      Source: Forest Sangha Newsletter, January 1997/2540, Number 39, UK
      http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~crr/newsletter/

      May this be of benefit