Meditation like Medicine

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10 3:27 AM
      "Like medicine, meditation is not something for which one needs an aptitude, but a prescription for illness – the illness called 'delusion.'"

      ~ Cynthia Thatcher "Just Seeing: Insight Meditation and Sense-Perception", Buddhist Publication Society http://www.bps.lk

      ++++++++

      "Sometimes you hear people complain that "I can't meditate because my mind is too distracted." It's like saying, "I can't go to the doctor because I'm too sick." No matter how sick you are, you've got to go to the doctor, because that's how you overcome your sickness. And the same way with the distraction. You overcome distraction by meditating: noticing it every time it happens and bringing the mind back. Try to be quicker the next time in noticing when you're distracted."
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/eDhammaTalks_3.pdf
      From: Appropriate Attention by Thanissaro Bhikkhu