RE: [Buddhaviharas] Thanissaro Bhikkhu on Compassion

  • Li Hoon Tay
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2011
      Thank you Antony for sending the new link.

      lihoon

      To: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
      From: antony272b@...
      Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:02:41 +0000
      Subject: [Buddhaviharas] Thanissaro Bhikkhu on Compassion

      "The whole purpose of the practice is learning how to find happiness in the midst of a lot of suffering in the world. We realize that we can't end other people's sufferings � we can make sure that we're as little a burden as possible on other people - but the issue of the suffering that goes deep into the mind � that's each person's responsibility, and you want to take care of that. Because the more you're suffering the more you do place a burden on others. This is why this is not a selfish path."

      http://www.dhammatalks.org/mp3_index.html

      From: From Heedfulness to Purity by Thanissaro Bhikkhu (August 2011)