Re-introducing Myself To A Gladdening Waking Reality In The Morning

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2011
      "When we first wake up, our minds are very subtle and delicate,"
      says Tibetan Buddhist teacher Thubten Chodron.
      "If we set a strong positive motivation at this time,
      there is a greater chance of it staying with us
      and influencing us throughout the day."
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GratitudeInspiration/message/59
      http://www.beliefnet.com/Holistic-Living/Gratitude/A-Gratitude-Revolution.aspx
      From: A Gratitude Revolution
      Eight ways to make gratefulness permanent.
      By Anne A. Simpkinson

      Antony: Following yesterday's post I'm optimistic that making a list in the morning (of beings I know and imagining all the beings they know) will re-introduce me to a gladdening waking reality. I used to just think of myself and not wanting to wait 16 hours before I get to go back to bed again. Mum has offered to wake me up in the morning (fortunately she is a morning person). I'm going to ask her to ring the dinner bell outside my room. I have wonderful memories of waking up fresh to the 6am wakeup bell on meditation retreat in 1995. See my EarlyRiserProject group for more on this topic.

      With metta / Antony.

      This post is recorded in mp3 audio in our files section: