Noah Levine on Metta (lovingkindness)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2011
      "The Buddha was clear and precise about the human need and ability to free oneself so completely from attachment and aversion that only a loving heart would remain. This is a radical proposal to be sure - but not one that is out of reach or unrealistic. It does not mean that we can't stay connected to our romantic and personal loving relationships. The awakened heart has room for it all."

      Noah Levine, "The Heart of the Revolution: The Buddha's Radical Teachings on Forgiveness, Compassion, and Kindness," Chapter 8 "The Metta Sutta: Loving kindness: the "high-way" to freedom," HarperOne, April 2011.

      This book is available for purchase at amazon.com.

      Noah's web site: http://www.dharmapunx.com/

      His recorded teachings are available at:

      http://www.dharmaseed.org/teacher/133/

      I highly recommend listening to one of his recordings. :) You'll find his voice sweet, wise, gentle and knowing...a wonderful dharma vehicle.