Jack Kornfield on on lovingkindness

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      "Each path with heart, whatever we've chosen as our path, has a particular foundation or support. Support for what? What do we really want in our spiritual practice or in the path that we may have chosen? What do you want, what do you want for the world around you? Think about it. What do we want for the world around us, and then what do we want for ourselves? Often the answer is the same, a bit more peaceful, more loving, a little wiser, or taking it all less seriously. I don't mean no anger or no fear -- that gets a little too idealistic -- but perhaps in our world and in ourselves, not to be so caught in it, not to get caught into where it leads, as it does in the world, to so much violence, sorrow and hatred."

      ~ Jack Kornfield, "Eightfold Path for Householders"

      This excerpt can be found, among others, at www.buddhanet.net