The Experience of Suffering & The Knowledge of Action (Thanissaro Bhikkhu)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 11:47 PM
      "So those are the two issues the Buddha focused on: the feelings of suffering and the knowledge of actions. The second knowledge suggested that there was a connection between the two, so the Buddha decided to see if this was true. These two are very certain things. When you're suffering, no one can convincingly tell you, "That's not really suffering; you're not suffering." Other things you might know can be shaped by the rules of the languages you've learned, but your experience of suffering is pre-linguistic. You know it more directly than anything else. At the same time, when you do something, you know you're doing it. So the Buddha wanted to see if people's experiences of pleasure and pain are related to their actions."
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/meditations2.html#treasure
      From: The Treasure Hunt by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
      For Free Distribution, as a gift of Dhamma, from Access to Insight and Thanissaro Bhikkhu

      Antony: I'm thinking that knowing how I'm treating myself and others will be sufficient wisdom to be effective and happy.