Not Forgetting to Associate People With the Practice

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2011
      In post #3987 I had the idea of pervading metta through space and time. I've noticed in metta practice that I usually only think of people that I am going to meet in the next week or so. I am going to try sending metta to people who I may not meet for months or years. I like the song "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7xXgIgV6DA
      Often I meet people I have forgotten about who have been out there all along and have been just as real as people I've met regularly. It reminds me that there are familiar patterns to reality despite the extreme stories in the media and the weird psychophysical experiences taught by some meditation schools. Metta practice then is embracing all of the love and care that comes from people that we normally take for granted as neutral people or especially as friendly people that we didn't associate with the practice.

      With metta / Antony.

      This post is recorded in mp3 audio in our files section: