Lovingkindness by Joan Halifax Roshi

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2011
      "Lovingkindness is supremely relational: it works only if it is offered, given away, or shared. We cannot bank love; it grows as we give it away. The more we give it away, the greater our capacity for love. This is how lovingkindness becomes limitless."
      http://www.gratefulness.org/readings/jh_lovingkindness.htm
      From: Lovingkindness: the first abode by Joan Halifax Roshi

      Antony: So metta meditation isn't "recharging the batteries" to feel like a loving person but is behavior in thoughts, speech and action. I reckon that walking meditation or sitting still with eyes closed is a bodily action!