Metta Phrases

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      May we be free from enmity/danger and be safe.
      May we be free from physical dukkha and be healthy.
      May we be free from mental dukkha and be at peace.
      May we take care of ourselves happily, live happily.

      Bhikkhu Visuddhacara wrote:
      "one can appreciate...
      that the four lines...
      are all comprehensive,
      covering what everybody would or could wish for.
      When we understand the full import of the four lines,
      the radiation of our metta will be more meaningful."
      ~ from "Curbing Anger, Spreading Love" p65, Buddhist Publication Society http://www.bps.lk