youtube videos on Compassion

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2009
      Dear Sharon and Group,

      I just collected 11 links to short youtube videos on Compassion
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Buddhaviharas/links/youtube_videos_on_Compassion_etc__001258709150/

      Enjoy!

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2009
        Wonderful! Are they taught by one particular teacher, or a variety of teachers?

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 21, 2009
          Hi Sharon,

          All the videos are from the Charter of Compassion interfaith movement. Bhante Sujato appears briefly in the Australians on Compassion clip. He wrote on his blog:
          "I've been following the development of the global Charter of Compassion, an idea developed by the wonderful Karen Armstrong following her receipt of the TED prize. This is a truly powerful idea, one that I hope will have a great impact on how we see ourselves as humanity.

          The final Charter of Compassion is to be unveiled on November 12, and I hope you will all follow and support this initiative.

          I was honored to be invited to take part in a multi-faith photograph for the Charter tomorrow at the Opera House. I love doing interfaith work so much, there are so many wise and compassionate people out there.

          We all need to do our bit to use religion to respond creatively and constructively to our environment, making it a force for helping rather than hurting, fostering love and inclusiveness, not alienation and ignorance."
          http://sujato.wordpress.com/2009/11/05/charter-of-compassion/

          His address, including reference to the Ajahn Brahm Bhikkhuni ordination controversy, can be found here:
          http://sujato.wordpress.com/2009/11/12/charter-for-compassion-2/

          With metta / Antony.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2011
            (This is a repost from November 2009)

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 17, 2012
              Dear Sharon and Group,

              I collected 11 links to short youtube videos on Compassion