Jack Kornfield - spiritual development

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2009
      "The purpose of spiritual life is not to create some special state of
      mind. A state of mind is always temporary. The purpose is to work
      directly with the most primary elements of our body and our mind, to
      see the ways we get trapped by our fears, desires, and anger, and to
      learn directly our capacity for freedom."

      ~ Jack Kornfield, "A Path With Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and
      Promises of Spiritual Life," Bantam Books, 1993.