Compassion For Enemies

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2009
      I've Started an Informal Compassion Practice. With My Enemies I'm Able to Desperately Wish that They Won't Get Reborn In Purgatory After Death Simply By Saying To Myself "It's Too Hot!" (e.g. when I am Washing the Dishes In Hot Water). I'm Working On Phrases about How Rebirth in the Animal Realm would be Too Much Suffering for my Enemies Too. I think I'll have Different Phrases for Rebirth as Different Types of Animals e.g. Chickens, Pigs, Lambs, Flies etc.

      I Think I Am Onto Something.

      With Metta / Antony.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8 3:05 AM
        (Repost from June 2009)

        --- In Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com, "Antony Woods" <antony272b@...> wrote:

        > I've started an informal compassion practice. With my enemies I'm able to desperately wish that they won't get reborn in Purgatory after death simply by saying to myself "It's too Hot!" (e.g. when I am washing the dishes in hot water). I'm working on phrases about how rebirth in the animal realm would be too much suffering for my enemies too. I think I'll have different phrases for rebirth as different types of animals e.g. chickens, pigs, lambs, flies etc.
        >
        > I think I am onto something.
        >
        > With metta / Antony.
        This post is recorded in mp3 audio in our files section: