No Sense To Be Attached To Friends (Ven Thubten Chodron)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      "So again,
      this thing of detaching ourselves
      from friends and relatives
      isn't detachment in the sense of being uninvolved,
      it's just being balanced in the way that we relate to them.
      Appreciating them,
      but recognizing that we can't always be
      with the people we like the most.
      And that those people we like the most haven't always been the people we like the most either!
      So no sense to always be so attached to them.
      And that frees our mind much more to enjoy the people we're with."
      http://www.thubtenchodron.org/GradualPathToEnlightenment/LR_017_Death_91.pdf
      From: Detaching Ourselves From the Eight Worldly Concerns (pdf file)
      By Ven Thubten Chodron
      Dharma Friendship Foundation, Seattle 1991/2

      with metta / Antony.