Ajahn Sumedho, general Brahmaviharas

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2009
      "It's easy to say that we should all be generous, kind, loving, and
      compassionate. It's easy to give advice and issue wise sayings about
      how everything should be. But wisdom develops in our ability to take
      into account the way things actually are for ourselves in our own
      lives; it doesn't come from beliefs about ideals. Rather, it comes
      from working with those things we have to bear, as well as our
      opportunities, or lack of them."

      ~ Ajahn Sumedho, "The Mind and the Way: Buddhist Reflections on
      Life", Wisdom Publications, 1995.