Lovingkindness

  • mettamelb
    Message 1 of 43 , May 1, 2003
      "When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart
      be touched, you begin to discover that it's
      bottomless, that it doesn't have any resolution, that
      this heart is huge, vast, and limitless. You begin to
      discover how much warmth and gentleness is there, as
      well as how much space." Pema Chodron.

      =====
      "Metta is likened to a gentle rain that falls upon the earth" (Lovingkindness, Salzberg: 1995)

      Message 43 of 43 , Sep 17, 2009
        "If perceptions lead to behaviors, can our thoughts bring love into our lives? Absolutely. I know for a fact that we can make the choice to love, that we can make that choice come alive, and that it's sustainable, renewable, and ever-deepening."

        ~ Barry Neil Kaufman, excerpted from Handbook for the Heart (Ed. John Gray), Back Bay Publishers, 1998.