Spiritual Friendship by Bhikkhu Bodhi

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2008
      "...when we enter into a spiritual friendship
      based upon dedication to a common goal,
      this friendship helps us
      to transform our attachments and ego-centered drives.
      Even more, it helps us
      to transcend the very idea of the ego-self
      as a substantive reality.
      Spiritual friendship, we discover,
      is not about satisfying my personal needs,
      or even about my satisfying the other person's personal needs.
      It's about each of us contributing as best we can
      to uplift each other,
      and to bring each other closer
      to the ideals of the Dharma."
      http://www.bps.lk/newaletters/nl_57.html
      From: Spiritual Friendship Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi
      Buddhist Publication Society Newsletter 1st Mailing 2007
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2009
        "Spiritual friendship is about each of us
        From: Spiritual Friendship Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi
        Buddhist Publication Society Newsletter 1st Mailing 2007

        With metta / Antony :)