Metta Phrases by Ven Visuddhacara

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2008
      "May we be free from danger and be safe.
      May we be free from physical suffering and be healthy.
      May we be free from mental suffering and be at peace.
      May we take care of ourselves happily, live happily.

      Bhikkhu Visuddhacara wrote:
      "one can appreciate that the four lines... are all
      comprehensive, covering what everybody would or could
      wish for. When we understand the full import of the four
      lines, the radiation of our metta will be more
      meaningful."
      (from "Curbing Anger, Spreading Love" p65)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
        May we be free from enmity/danger and be safe.
        May we be free from physical dukkha and be healthy.
        May we be free from mental dukkha and be at peace.

        ~ from "Curbing Anger, Spreading Love" p65, Buddhist Publication Society http://www.bps.lk