Metta & Forgiving Ourselves by Ajahn Sumedho

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2008
      "When you have high expectations for yourself, thinking you have to be
      Superman or Wonder Woman, then of course you don't have much metta,
      because only very seldom can we live up to such a high standard. You
      become doubtful of yourself. 'Maybe I'm not good enough.' By
      practising metta towards ourselves, we can stop doing that. We begin
      to forgive ourselves for making mistakes, for giving in to weaknesses.
      It doesn't mean that you rationalise things away, but rather that you
      do not go on creating problems or dwelling in aversion on the faults
      you have and the mistakes you have made."
      http://www.amaravati.org/abm/english/documents/cittavivaka/data/12practice.html
      From: The Practice of Metta
      Cittaviveka: Teachings from the Silent Mind
      By Ajahn Sumedho
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2010
        From: The Practice of Metta