Compassion is replenishing by Sharon Salzberg

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 9:03 PM
      "I think that joy is also something that fills us when we're able to
      offer something to somebody else. It's something that satisfies us or
      fulfills us. I think even the research people are doing these days
      into meditation - like when they put someone into an MRI machine and
      tell them, "Ok. Now do your compassion meditation," one of the parts
      of the brain that lights up is the pleasure center. It's joy.
      Compassion isn't morose; it's something replenishing and opening,
      that's why it makes us happy."
      http://www.beliefnet.com/story/175/story_17576_1.html
      From: Is It Uncool to Be Kind?
      Sharon Salzberg Interviewed by Lisa Schneider