Trustworthiness by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2007
      "...compassion based only on belief or feeling is not enough to
      guarantee our behavior — and why the practice of training the mind to
      reach an unconditioned happiness is not a selfish thing. If you value
      compassion and trust, it's an imperative, for only an unconditioned
      happiness can guarantee the purity of your behavior. Independent of
      space and time, it's beyond alteration. No one can threaten its food
      source, for it has no need to feed. When you've had even just a
      glimpse of this happiness, your belief in goodness becomes unshakable.
      That way other people can totally trust you, and you can genuinely
      trust yourself. You lack for nothing.
      Purity of heart is to know this one thing."
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/purityofheart.html
      From: Purity of Heart by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2007
        This is beautiful, Antony. Thank you!