Re: [Buddhaviharas] Looking for others' experiences with meditation . . .

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      David,

      So true!

      :o)

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: David Kotschessa
      To: Buddhaviharas@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 9:31 AM
      Subject: Re: [Buddhaviharas] Looking for others' experiences with meditation . . .

      --- Sharon Werner <sharonwerner@...> wrote:

      > Antony,
      >
      > Thanks! I wasn't thinking so much of dream
      > interpretation . . .but it is
      > funny that given that a benefit of metta practice is
      > to dream "no evil
      > dreams," something so angry came up. That's why I
      > wondered, more from a
      > psychologlical level, if it could be a "clearing" of
      > old anger to let the
      > metta come through.
      >
      > In remembering the dream I don't feel any particular
      > anger, just curiosity.
      >
      > :o)

      What I have noticed about this practice is that it's
      not always neat and tidy. You can let go of a lot of
      resentment and anger and it can come back. I think a
      lot of people get frustrated becuase they think the
      process isn't working. I don't think it's like thath.
      I just think that it's becuase we are not machines.
      So, really, who knows where the dream came from. It
      could have been old anger purging, or it could have
      even been coming back! It's even possible hat you
      haven't let go as much as you thought you have, and
      that's what's being represented. Only you know
      whether that's true or not. The question as always
      is, what are you going to do about it?