Re: [Buddhaviharas] Looking for others' experiences with meditation . . .

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
      Antony,

      Thanks! I wasn't thinking so much of dream interpretation . . .but it is
      funny that given that a benefit of metta practice is to dream "no evil
      dreams," something so angry came up. That's why I wondered, more from a
      psychologlical level, if it could be a "clearing" of old anger to let the
      metta come through.

      In remembering the dream I don't feel any particular anger, just curiosity.

      :o)

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
        --- Sharon Werner <sharonwerner@...> wrote:

        > Antony,
        >
        > Thanks! I wasn't thinking so much of dream
        > interpretation . . .but it is
        > funny that given that a benefit of metta practice is
        > to dream "no evil
        > dreams," something so angry came up. That's why I
        > wondered, more from a
        > psychologlical level, if it could be a "clearing" of
        > old anger to let the
        > metta come through.
        >
        > In remembering the dream I don't feel any particular
        > anger, just curiosity.
        >
        > :o)

        What I have noticed about this practice is that it's
        not always neat and tidy. You can let go of a lot of
        resentment and anger and it can come back. I think a
        lot of people get frustrated becuase they think the
        process isn't working. I don't think it's like thath.
        I just think that it's becuase we are not machines.
        So, really, who knows where the dream came from. It
        could have been old anger purging, or it could have
        even been coming back! It's even possible hat you
        haven't let go as much as you thought you have, and
        that's what's being represented. Only you know
        whether that's true or not. The question as always
        is, what are you going to do about it?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
          David,