Thich Nhat Hanh on lovingkindness

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      "Love is the most beautiful thing in this life. And love helps us to
      have an open mind and to understand better. Love is the most
      beautiful gift. Our mindfulness is like a mirror. The mirror reflects
      our body and our mind. In the early morning when you wake up, you
      look at the mirror and you see your body, and you smile so that your
      face looks more relaxed. The most beautiful thing of life is love,
      and an open mind, large view. Try to be open, to listen and to
      understand more deeply. Those are the most beautiful things of life:
      understanding, an open mind, to listen and to understand more deeply.
      We look at things with an open mind, with attention and with a
      compassionate view. So I advise you in the early morning when you
      wake up to look in the mirror and smile. Smile to your face, smile to
      life. And also learn to love yourself and love people around you with
      an open mind, with deep listening and deep understanding. So you look
      at somebody with forgiveness, with inclusiveness, but not in
      observation and discrimination. Look like a mother looks on her
      fragile little baby."

      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh, uncopyrighted transcribed lecture on the Metta
      Sutta. (If interested these free transcribed lectures can be found
      at http\\plumvillage.org - follow the links from the homepage.)