Daily Words of the Buddha

    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
      "Hate brings great misfortune,
      hate churns up and harms the mind;
      this fearful danger deep within
      most people do not understand."
      Itivuttaka 84
      From: "The Daily Words of the Buddha", a free service of Pariyatti,
      sent by request to those who subscribe at:
      http://www.pariyatti.com/words.phtml
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 24, 2006
        "Knowing that the other person is angry,
        one who remains mindful and calm
        acts for his own best interest
        and for the other's interest, too."
        Samyutta Nikaya I, 162
        From: "The Daily Words of the Buddha", a free service of Pariyatti,
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 15, 2006
          "When the Buddha teaches others
          he does so out of compassion,
          because the Tathagata is wholly freed
          from both favour and aversion."
          Samyutta Nikaya I, 111
          From: "The Daily Words of the Buddha", a free service of Pariyatti,
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 23, 2009
            "One is not wise
            because one speaks much.
            He who is peaceable, friendly and fearless
            is called wise."

            ~ Dhammapada 258
            From: "The Daily Words of the Buddha", a free service of Pariyatti,