Re: [Buddhaviharas] Re: How do you practice them?

  • David Kotschessa
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2006
      --- Antony Woods <antony272b@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dave,
      >
      > Your post made me stop surfing the net and go
      > meditate. I used Ajahn
      > Brahm's approach of instructing the mind's
      > "gatekeeper":
      > http://www.budsas.org/ebud/ebmed070.htm

      That looks like a really intersting approach. I am
      printing that out now! (I don't like to read long
      texts on the screen.)

      I don't see anything about the Viharas though so I'm
      not sure how it applies, but I'll read the whole thing
      first...

      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn42/sn42.008.than.html

      > I have been practising forgiveness as a prerequisite
      > for metta.

      Is that something that was prescribed by a teacher
      first? Mostly I practice zen and they do not talk
      about the viharas much, so they are kind of
      "extracarricular" for me.

      http://mail.yahoo.com