Discernment

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2005
      Sayadaw U Pandita taught:

      Each time we sit down to meditate, even for one hour, we renounce the
      possibility of seeking out an hour�s worth of pleasure and distraction. But
      we find some measure of relief from distraction itself, the suffering of the
      mind that chases after pleasant feelings. If we go to a longer retreat, we
      leave behind our home, our loved ones, and our pastimes. Yet many of us find
      these sacrifices worthwhile.
      (from �In This Very Life� p217, Wisdom Publications,
      http://www.wisdompubs.org )

      This book was of spiritual support to Aung San Suu Kyi.
      Most of the book is online:
      http://web.ukonline.co.uk/buddhism/pandita9.htm

      Best wishes / Antony