5186Albert Einstein on interdependence and compassion

    Nov 18, 2013
      Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not
      knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From the standpoint of
      daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of
      others, for the countless unknown souls to whose fate we are connected by a bond
      of compassion. Many times a day, I realize how much my outer and inner life is built
      upon the labors of others, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert
      myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.

      - Albert Einstein

      (This is very reminiscient of the Tibetan compassion practice of recognizing the "kindness of others" as a way to generate altruistic compassion.)

      May this be of benefit.