JULY MEDITATION SITTING GROUP MEETING and POTLUCK DINNER

  • Hai Nguyen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2008

      Dear friends,

                The July Sitting Group meeting will be on Monday July 14th at 6:30 PM.  At this month meeting, we would like to invite you to bring a vegetarian dish, so together we can enjoy a Potluck dinner.  The meeting will be at Judy's home in South Arlington.  Please contact Judy (judyhjames@...) and let her know if you would be able to attend.  Following is the suggested agenda:

      6:30 PM    Sitting meditation

      7:00           Potluck dinner

      8:00           Group discussion on the "Five Mindfulness Training"

      8:30           End

      We would also like to share with you a few photos below from last weekend Taichi & Meditation workshop at Sinh Thuc Meditation Center.

      Have a relaxing week.

      Hai

      Practicing Tai Chi Movements

      Walking meditation in the Forest

      Taichi Movement - The Bird Pose

      Enjoying the Slideshow during Closing session

    • kluu1203@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
        Hi friends,
        As my schedule stands now, I will not be able to attend the sitting and Potluck.  If I am successful in re-arranging my schedule, I will let you know.

        With Metta,
        Luu

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2008

          Hello Mirte and friends,

          I have been out of town and recently returned home, so please excuse me for the late response.

          The five mindfulness training as shown in Judy’s email were developed thousands of year ago to be the foundation of practice for the entire community.  The basis for the trainings is mindfulness.  All meditation practioners and guests are requested to observe these trainings to support the practice of mindfulness and living harmoniously together.  The Five Mindfulness Trainings are not viewed as rules or commandments but rather as way of life to protect our freedom and make life beautiful.

          I am looking forward to the group discussion on the five mindfulness training and how they can be practically practice to be the foundation of our life.

          See everyone tomorrow evening,

          Hai

          P.S. – Mirte.  We would like to wish you and your husband peace and joy in Florence, Italy.  We are there with your mindful breath.

          here is Mirte, I feel bad beacause I am not able to attend the monthly meetings, either I am in Italy or I have a problem here; july 14 i will be at the airport to welcom my great-nephew,13 years of age.
          I try to meditate every day but miss the group so much and all the discussions, for instance what is
          "Five mindfulness training"? can someone write to me and explain it to me briefly so that I am not lost, and help me to follow what you are talking about? I really would appreciate it,if it is possible. My life is taking a new direction because my husband is working as a consultant out of Italy,he travels a lot to north Africa and Afgahnistan, and we are restoring the old house in Florence,Italy, so we are more there then here.
          But for me the experience of the group and Hay's teaching at VACC were very important and meaningful and I would like to keep contact with all of it and you.
          I hope that someone helps me.!
          Thanks,Mirte