143Re: [BuddhaTeaching] SHARING FROM MIRTE ON THE TOPIC OF THE FAST PACE OF LIFE

  • rckingjr@verizon.net
    Aug 1, 2008
      Hi teacher and meditation friends.

      I agree that youth today believe that multitasking is normal.

      However, there are many times I multitask. If the TV is on, I am reading or doing some paperwork. I will answer telephone calls while doing something else (speaker phone encourages this). However, I can fold laundry, make dinner, etc. while talking on the phone.

      I do believe that concentrating on one thing at a time will get it done sooner but with technology, it is hard not to multitask.

      When my children were at home, going to Mass for me was such a stress reduction. The quiet, the music, and at the same time making sure the children were behaving. The one thing about meditation that I think is so good is that you are forced to stop what you are doing and just concentrate on the breadth.

      With my daughter's wedding, my mother-in-law's condition (she broke a hip and fractured her shoulder--drink your calcium), cleaning out the home and dealing with a real-estate person, company, it is hard not to multitask.

      These are my thoughts and I did not multitask spending this.

      Keep Cool

      Janet

      >From: Hai Nguyen <hai_nguyen@...>
      >Date: 2008/08/01 Fri AM 06:43:46 CDT