URGENT: DRUMMERS NEEDED THIS SATURDAY AT REVAMPED RALEIGH HOTEL DRUM CIRCLE

  • sophia letourneau
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4 11:12 AM
      SOUTHEAST FLORIDA DRUM/DANCE CIRCLE NEWSLETTER
      Monday, 3 July 2006

      Offered to you by the Southeast Florida Drum Circle Community
      Michael Dean Goodman, Coordinator, 561-350-3930
      SoutheastFloridaDrumCircleCommunity-owner@yahoogroups.com

      VISIT OUR YAHOO GROUP WEB PAGE
      http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/SoutheastFloridaDrumCircleCommunity
      Free weekly drum circle newsletter
      Up-to-date calendar of SE Florida drum circles
      Lists of drumming & dancing teachers, classes, performances, vendors
      Educational & inspirational materials about drumming & dancing
      Links to other drumming/dancing resources

      1. PRE-FULL-MOON BONFIRE DRUM CIRCLE AT THE RALEIGH HOTEL IN MIAMI BEACH -
      THIS SATURDAY, JULY 8TH, 8pm till 1-2am

      *** THIS EVENT HAS MADE SOME MAJOR CHANGES TO ACCOMMODATE DRUMMERS ***
      THEY URGENTLY NEED DRUMMERS TO COMMIT TO ATTEND/DRUM SATURDAY

      BACKGROUND:

      The Raleigh Hotel has been holding drum circles near the full moon since
      2004,
      and they've been quite successful (attracting 150-200 people).

      * This is probably the most beautiful place that you've ever seen host drum
      circles! - quite a step up from the usual beaches, parks, and meeting
      rooms
      that we're used to.

      * It's an elegant Miami Beach hotel on the ocean; you walk through the hotel
      lobby, through an outdoor restaurant, through the huge pool area (with
      tro-
      pical gardens, a waterfall, and lots of private cabanas), past 3-4 bars,
      and arrive at the large, sandy Oasis Fire-pit area at the rear of the
      hotel grounds, just off the beach, with two rings of built-in cushioned
      benches circling the fire-pit.

      * The wait staff circulates offering food and drink service right at the
      drum circle.

      * They have an incredible sacred fire dancer, Amber Joy Rava, who offers
      beautiful, sensual, dramatic performances 4-5 times throughout the
      night,
      and these performances alone would make attending the event highly
      recom-
      mended. [Amber's website: http://www.roundaboutsparkle.net]

      * When Amber is not performing, there are many enthusiastic dancers around
      the fire, and all dancers are warmly welcome!

      * Attendance often reaches 150-200 people over the course of the evening.

      * It's free - there's no admission charge. Just pay for any food or drink
      that you order, if any. There's no pressure to order anything.

      NEWLY REVAMPED - OBSTACLES REMOVED:

      There have been a few obstacles in the past at the Raleigh that kept this
      from being a fantastic drum circle for the whole area:

      1. For a while, they had to stop making loud noise at 10:30 or 11pm.

      This is NO LONGER TRUE: for the past few months they've continued till
      1-2am and will continue to do so. The noise problem is solved.

      2. They've been holding their drum circle on the full moon night or the full
      moon eve - thus competing with the traditional full moon drum circles
      on
      the beach.

      This is NO LONGER TRUE: they're trying to pick another night just
      before
      or after the full moon in order to cooperate, and not divide the atten-
      tion of the local drum community.

      3. They've been hiring a professional group of 4-5 drummers to provide the
      core leadership for the drum circle each month. Although these pro
      drum-
      mers are good, this doesn't create the egalitarian, jam-session spirit
      we're used to at most drum circles. Some local drummers had been put
      off
      by having to follow the pro drummers, rather than jam.

      This is NO LONGER TRUE: the event manager would like to stop hiring
      these
      drummers and rely on the good drummers in the community; the Raleigh
      would
      like to switch over to being a "normal" community-based drum circle.

      THE NEXT RALEIGH DRUM CIRCLE IS THIS SATURDAY, JULY 8TH, 8PM TILL 1-2AM:

      In order to NOT hire the professional drum group, Christelle, the Raleigh's
      Event Manager, needs to know that at least 6-8 competent drummers will com-
      mit to showing up. You don't have to be great - just able to help create
      a normal drum circle.

      SHE NEEDS TO KNOW THIS TONIGHT (MONDAY) OR TOMORROW (TUESDAY) AT THE LATEST.

      Please help the Raleigh make this transition to becoming an incredible com-
      munity drum circle that we can all enjoy:

      a. E-mail or call me immediately and tell me you'll come and drum
      Saturday.

      b. Pass this announcement on to any drummers that you know, and have
      them
      respond to me. Put the word out!

      c. Call me if you have questions or suggestions: 561-350-3930 (24-hours)

      Here's the full details of the event:

      WHAT:
      Raleigh Hotel - "Pre-Full-Moon" Bonfire Drum Circle

      WHEN:
      SATURDAY, JULY 8TH (full moon is Monday, July 10th)
      8pm till 1-2am

      WHO:
      You don't have to be a good dancer or drummer - everyone is lovingly
      welcome and appreciated. You can drum (or play any percussion gadget
      that you have), dance, or just watch and socialize.

      WHERE:
      The Raleigh Hotel
      1775 Collins Ave., Miami Beach FL

      COST:
      Free
      Just pay for any food or drink that you order, if any. No pressure
      to order anything.

      INCLUDES:
      See description above

      PARKING:
      Hotel valet parking is $25/vehicle plus tip!
      Or park on the street (meters are $1/hr. with a 4-hour maximum
      purchase).
      Or park at either of two big lots about 3 blocks away, near the corner
      of
      17th St. and Washington, right by the Convention Center (one open-air
      lot,
      one indoor parking garage); each is between $5 and $10.

      DIRECTIONS:
      1. Take I-95
      2. Exit #4 onto I-195 eastbound (FL112) toward Miami Beach
      3. Go 4.7 miles, including crossing the Intercoastal, till I-195 ends
      4. Then bear left onto Arthur Godfrey Rd. (West 41st St.)
      5. Go 1/2 mile, then turn right onto Pine Tree Dr.
      6. Go 1 mile, as Pine Tree Dr. ends at Dade Blvd. bear left onto 23rd
      St.
      7. Go 1 long block (2 streets) and turn right onto Collins Ave. (A1A)
      8. Go 0.3 miles (pass 5 streets) to the Raleigh Hotel on your left (1775
      Collins Ave.)
      9. For parking lots, pass the hotel, turn right at the next street (Hank
      Meyer Blvd./17th St.), go 2 streets to Washington Ave.

      BRING:
      The cushioned benches are low - for some people they may be too low for
      drumming with a djembe, congas, etc. - so consider bringing your own
      cushions or portable seat.

      INFO:
      Christelle, coordinator for the Raleigh, 786-301-7324

      Namaste,

      Michael
      Southeast Florida Drum Circle Community, Coordinator
      southeastfloridadrumcirclecommunity-owner@yahoogroups.com
      561-350-3930 (24-hours)

      PARA - THE CENTER FOR REALIZATION
      and THE RELATIONSHIP INSTITUTE
      Michael Dean Goodman Ph.D., D.D., Director
      Boca Raton (Palm Beach County) Florida
      561-350-3930 (24 hours) * tantra@...

      Counseling * Private Educational Sessions * Spiritual Guidance * Satsang
      Classes * Workshops & Retreats * Group Presentations * Articles & Essays
      Clients and programs throughout the United States, Europe, and India
      Working in person or by phone
      Free initial consultation to discuss your needs and goals

    • rojo gamboa
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4 1:13 PM
        hi im rojo
        im a percussionist!!! i'm gonna tell you what instruments i have and you tell me which one is aproppiate for the drum circle.
        cajon peruano
        compact conga
        bongos
        djembe
        guiro
        maracas
        and other hand percussion...so if u need a percussionist let me know!!!
        rojo

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/DLTolB/TM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4 7:25 PM
          Hey man, bring all of them!

          --- rojo gamboa <rojo_gamboa@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > becoming an incredible com-
          > munity drum circle that we can all enjoy:
          >
          > a. E-mail or call me immediately and tell me you'll
          > come and drum
          > Saturday.
          >
          > b. Pass this announcement on to any drummers that
          > you know, and have
          > them
          > respond to me. Put the word out!
          >
          > c. Call me if you have questions or suggestions:
          > 561-350-3930 (24-hours)

          > Here's the full details of the event:
          >
          > WHAT:
          > Raleigh Hotel - "Pre-Full-Moon" Bonfire Drum Circle
          >
          > WHEN:
          > SATURDAY, JULY 8TH (full moon is Monday, July 10th)
          > 8pm till 1-2am
          >
          > WHO:
          > You don't have to be a good dancer or drummer -
          > everyone is lovingly
          > welcome and appreciated. You can drum (or play any

          === message truncated ===

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • rojo gamboa
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4 8:29 PM
            cool ill bring all of em except the bongoes cuz i took out da heads and i cant find the tuning keybut yeah!!!

            Peter <drpetersutphen@...> wrote:
            Hey man, bring all of them!

            === message truncated ===

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Sophia Letourneau
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4 10:16 PM
              hi rogo, sorry abour the confusion.... but instead of responding to
              this group..... you need to respond to:
              Michael Dean Goodman, Coordinator,
              Tantra@... 561-350-3930 (24-hours)
              > SoutheastFloridaDrumCircleCommunity-owner@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > VISIT OUR YAHOO GROUP WEB PAGE

              or

              Christelle, coordinator for the Raleigh, 786-301-7324

              --- In BrowardDrumCircle@yahoogroups.com, rojo gamboa
              <rojo_gamboa@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > Christelle, coordinator for the Raleigh, 786-301-7324

              ----------

              > Namaste,
              >
              > Michael
              > Southeast Florida Drum Circle Community, Coordinator
              > southeastfloridadrumcirclecommunity-owner@yahoogroups.com
              > 561-350-3930 (24-hours)
              >

              > PARA - THE CENTER FOR REALIZATION
              > and THE RELATIONSHIP INSTITUTE
              > Michael Dean Goodman Ph.D., D.D., Director
              > Boca Raton (Palm Beach County) Florida
              > 561-350-3930 (24 hours) * tantra@...
              >
              > Counseling * Private Educational Sessions * Spiritual Guidance *
              Satsang
              > Classes * Workshops & Retreats * Group Presentations * Articles &
              Essays
              > Clients and programs throughout the United States, Europe, and India
              > Working in person or by phone
              > Free initial consultation to discuss your needs and goals

              30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

            • sophia letourneau
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4 10:32 PM
                and maybe we should car pool to split the $25. valet parking.

                Vote to impeach Bush
                http://www.votetoimpeach.org/
                Goddess Love and Blessings :))

                Sophia

                http://geocities.com/sophialinus
                http://MoonPathCUUPS.org
                MoonPathCUUPS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                http://geocities.com/sophialinus/PaganPrideDay.html
                http://www.paganpride.org/

                BrowardDrumCircle-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                From: Peter <drpetersutphen@...>
                To: BrowardDrumCircle@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [BrowardDrumCircle] URGENT: DRUMMERS NEEDED THIS SATURDAY AT
                REVAMPED RALEIGH HOTEL DRUM CIRCLE
                Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 19:25:59 -0700 (PDT)

                Hey man, bring all of them!

> [...]

                > becoming an incredible com-
                > munity drum circle that we can all enjoy:
                >
                > a. E-mail or call me immediately and tell me you'll
                > come and drum
                > Saturday.
                >
                > b. Pass this announcement on to any drummers that
                > you know, and have
                > them
                > respond to me. Put the word out!
                >
                > c. Call me if you have questions or suggestions:
                > 561-350-3930 (24-hours)

                > Here's the full details of the event:
                >
                > WHAT:
                > Raleigh Hotel - "Pre-Full-Moon" Bonfire Drum Circle
                >
                > WHEN:
                > SATURDAY, JULY 8TH (full moon is Monday, July 10th)
                > 8pm till 1-2am
                >
                > WHO:
                > You don't have to be a good dancer or drummer -
                > everyone is lovingly
                > welcome and appreciated. You can drum (or play any

                === message truncated ===

                http://mail.yahoo.com